Preen.Me is an Israeli fashion retail startup aiming to become the leading destination for all things beauty and transform how women shop for beauty products. Preen.Me personalizes recommendations based on each user’s social graph and crowdsourcing.
The Client’s Challenge
Preen.Me was looking to build a responsive web application using modern frameworks and technologies that would provide an environment to assist users in making beauty decisions and to serve as a social hub for digital beauty content.
Having met Intersog at a huge IT trade show in Tel Aviv, Preen.Me further evaluated our experience, offshore capabilities and technology expertise and evantually chose Intersog as their main software development partner.
Intersog’s HR consultants performed initial candidates screening and submitted the best matching applicants to Product Owners for interview and assessment. Having got the Client’s approval for hiring, Intersog built a Collaborative Software Development team for Preen.Me in our Kyiv-based R&D Center. The team was comprised of a Project Manager and a Python developer. Additional resources were added to the team on a temporary basis upon request throughout the project.
It took Intersog-hosted team 4 months to deliver a full-fledged responsive web solution for Preen.Me.
Python - primary web application coding
Java - product import
Ruby - Amazon web search
Shell script - build / dev
Preen.Me primarily uses angularjs on the client-side, although some legacy components also make extensive use of jquery.
Key web app’s features and functions:
- Assistance purchasing a beauty product
- Search for beauty recommendations
- Browsing beauty trends
- Exploring or filtering content with a specific goal, such as finding inspiration
- Sharing user generated beauty content with others, often with the hope of going "viral"
- Discovering talent within the online beauty community
- Talking and networking with other beauty lovers
- Watching, reading, and following tutorials for beauty
- Learning and discovering beauty tips and techniques
- All reporting is done through Google BigQuery, Map/Reduce, Excel.
Visit Preen.Me at https://www.preen.me