Topspin Media is a technology company that provides Topspin Platform - a direct-to-fan sales and marketing platform used by creative professionals for promoting and selling different types of digital and multimedia content such as films, music albums, tickets, etc.
In particular, Topspin is a workflow web app which allows you to do lots of things using special tabs:
- "Catalog" for creating direct-to-fan products, and publishing your new offers directly to fans using widgets and email possibilities
- "Network" for managing fans
- "Orders" for tracking order processing and transactions, and
- "Reports" for tracking all of your key metrics and results
Topspin gives users the unique possibility to:
- Effectively manage your images, music, videos, and any other digital assets
- Easily Manage your ticket inventory and physical merchandise
- Create exclusive and limited offers like VIP memberships as well as fan clubs
- Sell all of the above, as stand-alone products or in packages, worldwide in different currencies and with no privacy and tax issues
- Quickly book own shows and sell tickets for them and even check tickets with the iPhone
- Build awareness with mobile and web compatible streaming video players and sharing tools
- Gather your fans emails, personal interest insights, and geographic information together with Twitter followers, Facebook likes and more.
Topspin is used by a great number of filmmakers, artists, musicians, and authors such as Les Blanks, The Arcade Fire, and Paul McCartney, etc. Creators of such world blockbusters as Transcendent Man and One Too Many Mornings used Topspin too. What makes Topspin different from other direct-to-fan solutions?
- Integrated marketing, e-commerce, asset, and fan management, together with the own ticketing tools in a single custom software development service.
- Mobile-friendly streaming players compatible with both iPhone and iPad, widgets to collect users emails, possibilities to connect with Facebook and Twitter connections, etc.
- Distributed and Social commerce with the unique ability to put your offers anywhere on the web starting for your own website and up to Facebook, blogs, as well as plugins for WordPress, Expression Engine, Drupal, and Ning, music discovery sites and even one-step integration into Virb, Goodsie, Bandzoogle.
- Innovative targeting options – you can send emails to your fans depending on their social influence, geography, purchase history, and even on the way they originally found you.
- A unique self-serving platform for tickets along with the iPhone ticketing scanner (this innovative technology was used to sell 6,000 Pixies tickets in London, tickets for Eminem concert in Yankee Stadium and you can use it for your home party too).
- Possibility to sell membership and other products to members only.
- Integrated login system that allows fans to sign in using Google, Twitter, Facebook Yahoo, MySpace AOL or any other account of your choice.
- Various payment methods: PayPal, credit cards, and even worldwide debit cards such as Solo and Switch, together with full currency support for all popular currencies: USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, JPY, AUD, and others.
- No need to worry about taxes - Topspin pays the sales tax for you.
- Reporting to the OCC (Official Charts Company) in the UK and to Soundscan in the US.
- Compliance with COPPA, EU Safe Harbor, TrustE and others so that artists don’t have to worry about anything.
Intersog QA team was responsible for all testing work on the Topspin project. We performed the full round testing during all project phases. The testing work consisted of implementing various testing methods:
- Functional Testing
- Acceptance Testing
- Automation Testing
- Regression Testing and many others.
Our QA team found more than 2,400 bugs in the testing process and proposed important features that were implemented in the web app code later on. Professional testing helped create an easy-to-use application coherent from its first launch and guarantee the great user experience.