Continuing to highlight online and mobile commerce trends that our exhibiting team heard of at IRCE 2014 in Chicago last week:
- 90% of all mobile users watch online video and it's expected that by 2017, 74% of Internet traffic will come via video content
- Video's influence on purchasing decision making is 18% higher on mobile
- The average US consumer spends 24 minutes a day watching a video online
- 65% of mobile viewers watch more than 3/4 of a video
- Video commerce, i.e. use of rich media elements to elevate shopping experiences, is another type of online commerce that will be driven by the ever increasing smartphone and tablet penetration in the developed economies
- 75% of US consumers expect to be able to feedback on their experience / interaction with the brand
- The 3 things that web store owners should remember, according to Ray Velez, CTO at Razorfish:
- mobile shoppers expect control, convenience and immediacy, and lose respect for brands that fail to deliver them
- the best mobile experiences are fun, fast and fresh
- new technologies enable deeper shopping experiences
- As of Q1 2014, the value of the Nordic consumer eCommerce market has reached app. USD $6 billion, and of this amount over USD $1,5 billion was generated from foreign eCommerce sites (mostly from the UK).
- Personalization is the goal that every e-tailer will be aiming to reach in the months to come, as online shoppers become more sophisticated and require a personalized offer for a product / service they want to buy
Read more about mobile app development.
For more eCommerce and mCommerce trends and challenges please check out my previous post.
In my next blog post I'll share some tips and tricks of how to increase mobile user engagement and brand loyalty with personalization. Please sign up below not to miss it!